An 11-year-old boy from Urubichi, Serra Santa Catarina, died of hantavirus, the municipal well being division reported on Tuesday (20). According to Secretary Diogo Blumer, the boy was bitten by a wild rat.
- Share on WhatsApp
- Share on Telegram
The dying occurred on September 7, however the take a look at outcomes got here in on Friday (16) evening. According to the secretary, the boy lived in a rural space of the municipality.
The Epidemiological surveillance of Urubici noticed 18 suspected circumstances of the illness. It is critical to await the outcomes of the assessments on the Central Laboratory of Public Health of Santa Caterina (Lassen) in Florianópolis.
Hantavirus is transmitted by means of the urine, feces and saliva of wild mice — Photo: Emmanuel Passa/Disclosure
According to Bloomer, the inhabitants of wild rats has elevated in the Serra Santa Catarina area. “Urubici is taking all measures, info and management of circumstances. We are alert in Urubici”, mentioned the secretary.
The Directorate of Epidemiological Surveillance of Santa Catarina (DIVE) reported that the inhabitants of this breed of wild rodents has elevated in the municipality of Serra Santa Catarina. akodon And oligozomywho could have hantavirus.
According to Dive, this case could also be associated to the flowers of the Tequara Cara plant (chusquea mimosa variation Australia), which passed off on the finish of the summer time.
The plant is unfold throughout a large swath of the Atlantic Forest, so progress in wild rodent populations may unfold to different areas of the state, based on Dive.
Because of this, the Secretary of State for Health issued a observe alerting well being providers to the state of affairs.
The Directorate of Epidemiological Surveillance of Santa Catarina (Dive) confirmed that the kid’s dying has been notified.
This 12 months, six circumstances of the illness have been confirmed in Santa Catarina, the state’s Directorate of Epidemiological Surveillance (Diwe) reported. A complete of 4 sufferers have died out of this.
In addition to the boy in Urubici, Agronomica and Lontras, in the Itajaí Valley and Cacador, died in the west.
According to Dive, Hantavirus is an infectious and critical illness that happens in wild rodents. This manifests as cardiopulmonary syndrome, which may result in dying inside 72 hours.
In Santa Catarina, there have been circumstances of the illness since 1999.
How is Hantavirus unfold?
Wild rodents shed the virus in contemporary urine, feces and saliva. The commonest transmission happens when individuals inhale tiny aerosols produced from the urine, feces, and saliva of wild rodents that blend with mud.
Bites from these animals may also trigger the illness, as occurred to the boy in Urubici, however based on Dive, that is much less widespread.
Hanta virus prevalence is greater in rural areas. The individuals most simply contaminated are farmers, fishermen, forestry staff, individuals residing or working in rural areas and individuals who sweep closed and poorly ventilated sheds, warehouses, warehouses and nation homes.
How to stop Hantavirus?
- Avoid human contact with wild rodents or their droppings (primarily faeces and urine);
- Indoors, hold all meals in closed luggage or packing containers no less than 40 cm above the ground;
- Wash dishes and kitchen utensils instantly after use. Do not go away meals scraps on the bottom;
- Always hold the realm the place animals reside clear, all the time accumulate leftover meals;
- guaranteeing correct assortment and disposal of waste;
- Corn and different grains needs to be planted removed from the home;
- Keep the realm round the home, sheds, warehouses and residing quarters clear always, free of weeds, outdated tires or different particles;
- Do not relaxation in closed areas with leftover meals or grain (eg storerooms);
- Before cleansing an enclosed house, permit it to ventilate for no less than one hour earlier than cleansing;
- After air flow, wait 1 hour earlier than moistening with 10% bleach (1 half bleach to 9 water) and cleansing the realm.
Infographic exhibiting methods to stop hantavirus an infection — Photo: Reproduction/Dive
What are the signs of Hantavirus?
According to Dive, the signs are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- physique ache
- abdomen ache
- Dry cough
Symptoms could embrace extreme shortness of breath, fatigue, low blood stress, and drowsiness. In these circumstances, the danger of dying from the illness is excessive.
Dive advises that, Seek medical consideration instantly if any signs happen. you Individuals could develop signs as much as 60 days after publicity to hazardous circumstances.
Video: Most seen g1 SC in final 7 days
See extra state information right here g1 SC